Admission Criteria for Residential Program:
The individual must be over 18 years of age, be medically stable and meet at least five of the following 7 criteria:
- The individual meets current DSM-5 Criteria for Bulimia, Anorexia Nervosa, or Compulsive Overeating.
- The individual evidences need for high frequency and intensity of treatment interventions and a highly secure but unlocked setting, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to alleviate the symptoms of the eating disorder.
- The individual engages in self-injurious behavior, e.g. binging/purging, compulsive exercise which is compromising psychosocial functioning.
- The individual is presenting with suicidal ideation and intentions, however, can be managed in a sub-acute setting with 24 hour supervision.
- The individual has a co-morbid psychiatric disorder that is interfering with his/her ability to respond to less intensive interventions or has not been stabilized in less intensive settings.
- Demonstrates a history of chronic, impulsive behavior resulting in a significant deterioration in the mental status, and psychosocial functioning from an established baseline.
- The individual has demonstrated an inability to respond sufficiently to treatment interventions at lower levels of care, sufficient to control the destructive behaviors associated with the eating disorder.